Mortgage Do's and Don'ts
This helpful guide can help borrowers avoid pitfalls before and during the loan process that may cause delays.
- Provide items requested within 24 hours
- Reach out at any time with questions
- Refer your friends and family to us so we can give them the same great customer service
- Continue paying off debt - help keep your debt ratio low!
- Explain any credit blemishes - help get your mortgage approved!
- Notify your Loan Officer if you plan to receive gift funds for closing costs
- Notify your Loan Officer of any changes in employment or marital status
- Research and choose a homeowner's insurance company
- Change employment or become self-employed
- Make a large purchase or apply for new credit
- Co-sign for anyone
- Use your credit cards or let your payments fall behind
- Move or spend any money intended for your down payment and/or closing costs
- Pay off debt, without first discussing it with your loan officer
- Make any cash deposits
- Shred your last Bank statements or paycheck stubs
- Open or close bank accounts
- Give your 30 day notice or schedule movers without coordinating with your loan officer
Still Have Questions?
Find an advisor licensed in your area. Our team of experts are here to help answer any questions you may have.FIND AN ADVISOR